The Cushingberry Platform
- Workforce Development
- Clean up the Environment and Great Lakes
- Balance State Budget
- Justice for Flint Water Poisoning Victims
- Repairing The Damage To Detroit Public Schools by State Appointed Emergency Managers
- Combating Authoritative Brutality with Training and Resources
George Cushingberry Jr.
I am running for State Senate because I am an true equal opportunity, jobs, and justice candidate. I am a man of the people that is honest and determined to serve my community for the love of people and not for profit.
George Cushingberry Jr is a master at balancing Government Budgets
George has a documented history of making things financially right for State and Local Governments
Why George Cushingberry Jr.
35 Years of Experience
· Elected in 1975, Mr. Cushingberry became the youngest person to serve in the Michigan State House, where he served until 1982
· In 2006, Mr. Cushingberry was appointed as the Chairman of the Appropriations Committee until 2010
· Re-elected in 2006 with 97% of votes for City Council District 2
· In 2013, Cushingberry was elected by over 50% of District 2 residents for City Council
· Elected in 2014 as Council President Pro-Tempore of the Detroit City Council and, appointed Chairman of the Budget, Finance and Audit standing committee
· Has balanced the City’s budget for 4 years improving the bond rating, credit score, and exiting State Control of City finances
· Increased reading scores over 50% by reading to the children in Detroit Public Schools and promoting literacy